Calgary Swordfish Swim Club Casino & Volunteer Commitments
Each swim family must perform the following volunteer duties. If a family is unable to fulfill these commitments their commitment cheque of $300.00 will be cashed.
All members must:
- Complete 4 volunteer shifts + Casino Shift (if applicable)
- 1 shift must be at the July Swordfish swim meet
- Complete at minimum a Level 1 online officials course (not credited toward a “shift’, this course is taken one time and does not need to be renewed yearly)
Credit for a volunteer “shift” is given to any member who completes any of the following:
- Completes a volunteer “shift” at any club attended swim meet, a shift is defined by that swim meet as a morning, afternoon or evening session. This includes all volunteer positions required at a swim meet. (timer, safety marshal, stroke & turn, marshal, hospitality staff, etc)
- Completes a Level 2 or 3 Official Course(s) in the current swim season - all members in 3+ years in the club must take a Level 2 or 3 course
- Takes on a coordinating or mentoring role at our Swordfish/Regionals or Provincial Swim meet (Head Marshall, Hospitality Room Coordinator, etc)
- Volunteers for our Casino (credit to the swim season of the year the casino was worked)
- Food Donations for the Swordfish or Regional Swim Meet will be considered for credit if approved by the Swordfish Volunteer Coordinator prior to the donation being made (food donations for Swordfish social functions is not considered for volunteer shifts)
- No credit is given for participation (officials) in our “mini” meet or any other swim meet outside of our schedule
What is the volunteer requirements for Jr Swordfish Members?
Jr Swordfish families will have a reduced volunteer commitment. The families will be exempt from the mandatory 4 volunteer shifts if they only have a "new" swimmer in Jr Swordfish. We encourage these families to help volunteer for social functions, including the Swordfish swim meet and if their swimmer progresses to attending multiple meets we will ask they consider volunteering for more swim meet related shifts.
Key Volunteer Roles
Participation in one of our key roles is equivalent to fulfilling the full volunteer requirements;
- Board of Directors: President, Vice President(s), Treasurer, Registrar, Secretary, Volunteer Coordinator, Director Pools, Director Coaches, Meet Manager, Coaches
Secondary key roles are the equivalent of fulfilling 3 volunteer shifts:
- Swim Suit & Apparel Coordinator
- Social Coordinator
- Casino Coordinator
Volunteer coordinator - Nora Low ( email@example.com) will coordinate and track all volunteer shifts, please contact her if you have any questions.
NEXT CASINO for Swordfish - Q3 2021 - For the 2020 Season Only - no Casino Commitment cheque required
Casino Commitment (when applicable)- all families must submit a $200 deposit cheque for years we have a casino. All members will be asked to volunteer for the casino and if you can not attend or can not find a replacement for your shift your casino cheque will be deposited. Swordfish rely heavily on casino funding to run our programs, keeping fees affordable.
PRINTABLE COPY of VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT FORM
Swordfish Volunteer Commitment Form
PRINTABLE COPY of Swim Alberta Form
Swim Alberta Form